Hi friends! I seriously cannot believe it’s October already. OCTOBER! This year has gone so fast and I need it to chill for a second. But another month also means another opportunity to try and read more books than you did the month before. So first answer me this: how many books did you manage to devour in September? Read on to see how I did and what I plan to read this month!
My wrapup consists of ‘only’ three books this time. First up, I read 13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough which I absolutely LOVED. Then, I dived into Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau, which was kind of a letdown (I’ll write a proper review of this soon). Lastly, I read Things A Bright Girl Can Do, a kick-ass YA novel about the suffragettes in 1914 in te UK, for the August Club meeting with all the Book box club members! Gave this book 4 stars ⭐.
The haul is considerably bigger than the wrapup. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen that there’s a serious amount of books I manage to get myself in September: 15! I had the pleasure of receiving a ton of wonderful books from publishers and authors, but I also purchased a few myself.
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas (more like Sarah J YAAAS).
- Livestream by Buddy Tegenbosch (Dutch) (sent to me by BestofYA)
- Everything Beautiful is not Ruined by Danielle Younge-Ullman (sent to me by BestofYA)
- The Crowns of Croswald by D.E. Night (sent to me by the author)
- Broadcast by Liam Brown (sent to me by Legend Press)
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
- The Golden House by Salman Rushdie (sent to me by Random House)
- Queen of the Conquest by Alison Weir (sent to me by Random House)
- Reset by Ellen Pao (sent to me by Random House)
- A Jigsaw of Fire and Stars by Yaba Badoe (featured in Book box club)
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera (bonus book in Book box club)
- Echo After Echo by Amy Rose Capetta (sent to me by WalkerYA)
- Different Class by Joanne Harris (won this is a giveaway from Touchstone Books)
- Empty hearts & Sleepless nights by Yasmine Berkani (sent to me by the author)
- Illuminae & Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Looking at the amount of books I managed to read last month, I’m not making a too big TBR for October. On my TBR are a few books I have to read for review and hopefully also a book I want to read just for me.
- The Crowns of Croswald by D.E. Night (actually finished this – see my Goodreads for a mini review)
- A Jigsaw of Fire and Stars by Yaba Badoe (currently reading)
- Echo After Echo by Amy Rose Capetta
- De Eliminatie by Danielle Bakhuis (this is a Dutch book I’m reading for another awesome book club I’m in)
And hopefully, very very hopefully (but probably not), I’ll manage to FINALLY carry on with the Shades of Magic trilogy: A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
That’s it! But now I’m (obviously) still very curious to know how you did in September, so let me know how many book you read, what your favourite was, what your least favourite was…. I wanna know it allllll!